During this time of COVID-19 we have sourced a wide range of webinars for you to explore. These webinars have come from credible sources within the Municipality as well as regionally, provincially and nationally. Using the resources provided, please sign up for the help that will best fit your business needs. Information will be updated regularly, so please check back often.
May 19, 2020: 3pm to 4pm / no charge to attend
Digital Shift Session 1: “Backyard Tourism” Digital Shift with WindsorEats
To Register: https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/digital-shift-session-1-backyard-tourism-tickets-103711726566
- The Ontario Tourism Innovation Lab has partnered with WEtech Alliance to help support hard-hit tourism businesses in the province.
- The Digital Shift Program includes monthly virtual workshopsdesigned to give tourism businesses the tangible tools they need to develop their own sustainable digital strategy.
- Each 1-hour workshop will include a special “Shift Expert” conversation in addition to a mix of tangible tools and templates for take-away learning featuring 4 key parts.
Wednesday, May 20th, 10am to 11am / no-charge to attend
Social Media + the Pandemic
To Register: https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/social-media-and-the-pandemic-tickets-103539998924
- Business as usual has shifted, and it’s more important than ever to leverage online marketing tools and strategies for your small business.
With clients and customers spending more time searching for products and services on the internet, it’s key to make your brand or company top-of-mind.
- This hour-long discussion will cover the topic of how to put social media to work for you during the current global pandemic.
Wednesday, May 21st, 7pm to 8:30 pm / no-charge to attend
Facebook and Instagram Advertising on a Small Budget – repeat webinar brought to you by Digital Main Street
To register: https://digitalmainstreet.ca/event/facebook-and-instagram-advertising-on-a-small-budget-online-webinar-copy/
Whether you have $0, $50, or $100 a month to spend on Facebook and Instagram, you can still reach your target customers and clients. Discover some creative ways to do so in this beginner-level webinar. You will learn:
- How the Facebook and Instagram algorithms work, so your content can cut through and be seen, even without spending money
- How to decide when to boost a post, and how much to spend
- What your options are for advertising on Facebook and Instagram
- How to target your ads to your ideal customer or client based on demographics, geographic area, and more
- How to create successful written copy and imagery for Facebook and Instagram ads
Thursday, May 22nd, 12 pm / no-charge to attend
Planning for recovery: How to restart your business in the wake of COVID-19
To Register: https://www.bdc.ca/en/articles-tools/entrepreneur-toolkit/webinars/pages/planning-recovery-restart-business-covid19.aspx?utm_campaign=Covid19-In-Business–2020-05-06–EN&utm_medium=email&utm_source=Eloqua&elqcst=272&elqcsid=10090
- The Canadian economy is gradually reopening after a shutdown due to the COVID-19 pandemic. You will need to plan how your business will restart, adapting your operations to meet demand, ensuring your supply chains and managing your financial circumstances. You will also need to put best practices in place to ensure the safety of your employees as they return to work.
Monday, May 25th, 9:30 am to 11:00 am / no-charge to attend
Social Media for Small Business brought to you by Digital Main Street
Register with: https://digitalmainstreet.ca/event/social-media-for-small-business-webinar/
Social media can be a very powerful tool for business growth, but first you need to know what it is and how it works. In this fun and interactive workshop, we’ll look at the basics of today’s popular social media channels—including Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Pinterest—and decide which are right for you. You’ll develop a social media plan that will drive business results without a big investment of time and energy. You’ll learn:
- How other small businesses have built their brands on each social media channel, picking up tips and inspiration for your own social media activities.
- What likes, hashtags, shares and retweets are, and how and when to use them.
- How to determine the right content and tone for your business’s social media posts, and the right time and frequency to post them.
- How to develop an editorial calendar, with tips for scheduling and automation.
- How to analyze social media metrics and determine which ones to focus on for your business goals.
Wednesday, May 27, 2020 7:00 pm to 8:30 pm / no-charge to attend
Google Analytics for Small Business brought to you by Digital Main Street
Register With: https://digitalmainstreet.ca/event/google-analytics-for-small-business-online-webinar-2/
Ever wondered who’s visiting your website, and what they’re doing there? Google Analytics can tell you all of that and more. Discover the fundamentals of Google Analytics in this beginner-level webinar. You’ll learn:
- How to connect your website to Google Analytics
- How to set up Google Analytics properly to filter out irrelevant traffic
- How to create custom views and set goals within Google Analytics
- How to generate 5 key reports to let you know how your website is performing
- How to configure Google Analytics to automatically send you reports
June 3, 2020, 6pm to 8pm/ no-charge to attend
Small Business Websites 101 brought to you by Digital Main Street
Register with: https://digitalmainstreet.ca/event/small-business-websites-101-online-webinar-4/
There is a great deal to consider when you’re building a new website or redesigning an existing one. This beginner workshop covers everything you need to know, from choosing and registering a domain name, to building the website itself, to making sure it’s secure. You’ll learn:
- What a domain name is and how to register the right one(s) for your business.
- How to get an email address that matches your domain name.
- How to comply with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) with a fast, accessible, and mobile-friendly website.
- What to consider when choosing a website platform such as WordPress, Shopify, or Squarespace.
- How to set up an online store, how to accept payments online and other e-commerce fundamentals.
- How to make a website secure and back it up regularly.
- What you can do yourself and when to hire a pro.
VARIOUS DATES – no charge to attend
Digital Main Street Webinars
- Numerous webinars to sign up for
- Details and Registration: https://digitalmainstreet.ca/events/
- Brought to you by: Digital Main Street
Course options from Laurier University, Carleton University and Humber College – no charge
- Laurier University: Essential Self-Care and Resilience – Approx. 10 hours
- Carleton University: How to Succeed in an online course. Approx. 30 minutes
- Humber College: Tips for Success for online studies- Approx. 30 minutes
- Details and Registration: Send request to firstname.lastname@example.org
VARIOUS DATES – no charge to attend
- Multiple Different Webinars
- Registration: https://groyourbiz.com/events-2/
- Brought to you by: Groyourbiz.com
VARIOUS DATES – no charge to attend
Google Digital Unlocked
- Free online courses involving topics such as: grow your business, SEO, build confidence, understand customers’ needs and online behaviors, increase productivity at work, effective networking, business communications, public speaking, Cyber security for business. And there is much more!
- Registration: https://learndigital.withgoogle.com/digitalunlocked/courses
- Brought to you by: Google