A unique island-vibe community where rural roots and creative pursuits come together, The County is a place of tranquility, inspiration, hospitality and fun. With strong agricultural roots, a thriving arts & cultural community, outstanding natural beauty surrounded by Lake Ontario, fresh farm-to-table cuisine and a growing wine and craft beer region, The County is actively attracting physicians who want to enjoy the quality of life it can offer . The County is both simple and sophisticated — and we invite you to consider making it your home.
The Prince Edward Family Health Team, an engaged rural group of 23 physicians in beautiful Prince Edward County, is looking for family physicians to join us. We have two coveted full FHO spots available, as well as practice-sharing opportunities with pending FHO spots. Short- and long-term locum work is also available.
Job Requirements for FHO
- Maintaining an office practice in Prince Edward County (Picton or Wellington).
- Providing coverage to inpatients at the Prince Edward County Memorial Hospital (PECMH).
- Providing coverage in the emergency department at PECMH is strongly encouraged. ER mentorship with senior physicians is available. ER work is paid through an AFP.
- We are an FHO comprising of 23 physicians. The group is very collegial and supportive of new grads.
- Many in our group teach medical students and family medicine residents from Queen’s University and University of Ottawa.
- Our physicians lead the innovative Prince Edward Family Health Team which provides enhanced primary care programs including mental health, family and youth outreach, NP-led complex care program, diabetes education, cardiac function clinic, cardiac rehab, and palliative care. We have regular access to numerous visiting specialists.
- The community hospital in Picton is part of a four-site hospital corporation, Quinte Health Care, with excellent access to specialists. Our hospital has 15 inpatient beds, a 24-hour ER, specialty clinics, and an endoscopy suite. Plans for a new hospital are underway.
- Physicians in our community also staff long term care facilities, and a three-bed residential hospice.
- Family physicians in Picton work out of four office complexes – three in Picton and one in Wellington.
Updated Job Posting: https://hfojobs.healthforceontario.ca/en/posting/66154/
For more information contact Grace Nyman, Community Development Coordinator, County of Prince Edward. firstname.lastname@example.org 613.476.2148 x2502
Prince Edward Family Health Team
Established in 2006, the Prince Edward Family Health Team’s (PEFHT) mandate was to provide and expand primary healthcare services to the residents of Prince Edward County (PEC).
Today 23 County family doctors and their office staff work with the PEFHT and are supported by nurse practitioners, registered nurses, social workers, dietitians, and other clinical and administrative professionals in 5 different clinic locations; 4 in Picton and 1 in Wellington. Together, and in collaboration with the community, hospital and other local health organizations and professionals, we provide integrated, team-based, patient-centred primary care through direct office care and innovative, award-winning programs and services aimed at meeting the distinct health needs of the PEC community. Learn More..
Physician Recruitment and Retention Committee
The Corporation of the County of Prince Edward and the Prince Edward Family Health Team share a common goal of recruiting physicians for the purpose of maintaining the level of quality health care needed in Prince Edward County to service its residents.
A Physician Recruitment and Retention Committee was established in 2016 to address current and ongoing needs in the medical community. The committee consists of Physicians, staff from the Prince Edward Family Health Team and staff from the Community Development Department of the Municipality .