A unique island-vibe community where rural roots and creative pursuits come together, The County is a place of tranquility, inspiration, hospitality and fun.
Prince Edward County is actively attracting physicians who want to enjoy the quality of life it can offer. With strong agricultural roots, a thriving arts & cultural community, outstanding natural beauty surrounded by Lake Ontario, fresh farm-to-table cuisine and a growing wine and craft beer region, the County is both simple and sophisticated — and we invite you to consider making it your home.
See why these doctors chose The County:
The Prince Edward Family Health Team, an engaged rural group of 23 physicians in beautiful Prince Edward County, is looking for family physicians to join us. We have two coveted full FHO spots available, as well as practice-sharing opportunities with pending FHO spots. Short-and long-term locum work is also available.
Job Requirements for FHO
- Maintaining an office practice in Prince Edward County (Picton or Wellington).
- Providing coverage to inpatients at the Prince Edward County Memorial Hospital (PECMH).
- Providing coverage in the emergency department at PECMH is strongly encouraged. ER mentorship with senior physicians is available. ER work is paid through an AFP.
- We are an FHO comprised of 23 physicians. The group is very collegial and supportive of new grads.
- Many in our group teach medical students and family medicine residents from Queen’s University and University of Ottawa.
- Our physicians lead the innovative Prince Edward Family Health Team which was established in 2006 and provides enhanced primary care programs including mental health, family and youth outreach, NP-led complex care program, diabetes education, cardiac function clinic, cardiac rehab, and palliative care.
- We have regular access to numerous visiting specialists and are supported by nurse practitioners, registered nurses, social workers, dieticians and other clinical and administrative professionals. Learn more.
- The community hospital in Picton is part of a four-site hospital corporation, Quinte Health Care, with excellent access to specialists.
- Plans for a new hospital are well underway, opening 2025. Learn more.
- Our current hospital has 15 inpatient beds, a 24-hour ER, specialty clinics, and an endoscopy suite.
- Physicians in our community also staff long term care facilities, and a three-bed residential hospice.
- We work in 5 different clinic locations – 4 in Picton and 1 in Wellington.
You can find the full Health Force Ontario job posting here.
Physician Recruitment and Retention Committee
The Corporation of the County of Prince Edward and the Prince Edward Family Health Team share a common goal of recruiting physicians for the purpose of maintaining the level of quality health care needed in Prince Edward County to service its residents.
A Physician Recruitment and Retention Committee was established in 2016 to address current and ongoing needs in the medical community. The committee consists of Physicians, staff from the Prince Edward Family Health Team and staff from the Community Development Department of the Municipality. Should you have any questions, require suggestions, connections or information about services in Prince Edward County, we are here to help you!
Contact Kim Koster, Programs Advisor, County of Prince Edward email@example.com 613 503 0187