Collaborative Economic Development Projects (CEDP) is to help trigger investment decisions that will strengthen innovation across Eastern Ontario and kick start new economic activity. CEDP recipients receive 50% reimbursement of eligible and approved costs (Must spend over $200,000 to receive $100,000 in eligible expenses).
Please visit the website for more details.
Eligible Project Activities:
Eligible activities of EODP Collaborative Projects fall into three main categories.
1. Expansion of Economic Assets (capacity building) includes:
- Industry cluster development and expansion
- Labour market development (skills gap analysis, skills development, worker transition)
- Strategic planning and research studies
2. Business Development and Growth includes:
- New business development
- Training & mentoring
- Business startups
Existing Business (growth-oriented innovative SMEs), eligible activities include:
- Productivity enhancements (information and communications technologies, energy, new technologies, productivity assessments)
- Market diversification
- Innovation/product development (research and development)
- Succession planning
3. Business Infrastructure
- Business Incubators
- Supply chain analysis and development.
Labour, Expertise, Capital, Non-capital. Costs may only be deemed eligible if they are incurred on or after the date of submission of a complete application to CEDP.
CEDP Funding Priorities:
CEDP will prioritize funding for three targeted client segments (listed in order of emphasis):
- Advanced Manufacturing and Industrial SMEs (for-profit);
- Innovation-Driven Enterprise (for-profit);
- Industry-led Fourth Pillar Organizations (not-for-profit).
CEDP priority sectors are (in no particular order):
- Advanced Manufacturing;
- Clean Tech/Bio Tech;
- Transportation and Logistics;
- Agri-food and Food Processing; and
- General technology.
Additionally, CEDP priority pathways for economic development are:
- Youth; and
Applicant CEDP project proposals that reflect these targeted client segments, priorities and pathways will likely have a higher approval rate.
For startups or businesses looking to expand or re-locate to The County, you can fill out this Business Inquiry Questionnaire, and the Community Development Department will respond in 48 hours.